Yes, we all know I love my wine. And vodka. And other fermented products. But, do I love my food?
Inspired by the Wannabe Wino’s post on this topic, I thought I’d see how well my drinking habits match up to my eating habits.
Have you had these things? Does this make me a foodie?
According to the rules of the game, for this list:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at Very Good Taste linking to your results.
1. Venison BAMBI? NO way!
2. Nettle tea – Surprisingly good when in the Outback and cold.
3. Huevos rancheros – breakfast time!
4. Steak tartare – I just don’t eat cow. Sorry.
5. Crocodile EWWW!!!
6. Black pudding – Tried it but did NOT enjoy it.
7. Cheese fondue – yum yum YUM! All day all night. First experience was in Switzerland!
8. Carp – Love fish, so yes.
9. Borscht – DA!
10. Baba ghanoush – I prefer other Mediterranean specialties, but…
11. Calamari – It has to be perfect, otherwise tastes like a rubber band to me.
12. Pho – Delicious! I have Pho at least once a month if not more.
13. PB&J sandwich – Who hasn’t! But, what kind of jelly?
14. Aloo gobi – I had to Google this one. I am going to say I’ve had it since I eat Indian a lot.
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses – another one I had to google so nope. Never had it but not opposed to trying as it is CHEESE!
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream (Yummy in my tummy!)
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese – um ICK!
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet Pepper – I prefer to keep my taste buds in tact, thank you.
27. Dulce de leche – ohh creamy caramel goodness!
28. Oysters – these came to be late in life but OH my god. ORGASMIC if they are right!
30. Bagna cauda – umm nope, don’t know what that is.
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl – A San Francisco Tradition!
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float – love love love a good float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar – cognac yes, cigar? NO!
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo – but not with shrimp.
40. Oxtail – ick
41. Curried goat – ick
42. Whole insects – DOUBLE ICK
43. Phaal – too spicy for me
44. Goat’s milk – sadly. I was raised on the stuff.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more – Show me the way, to the next Whiskey Bar!
46. Fugu – no thanks. I like to be alive the next day.
47. Chicken tikka masala – LUNCH!
48. Eel – too squirmy!
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut – mwhhhaffffahhhahff. Oh sorry. My mouth was full.
50. Sea urchin – err don’t do sqirmy things.
51. Prickly pear – never have, but I’d be game!
52. Umeboshi – okkkkay
53. Abalone – See entry for snail!
54. Paneer – Cheese!
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal – well I don’t eat beef, but if you thrown in a chicken sammy, I’m there.
56. Spaetzle – High on a hill there’s a lonely goat herd, yodeelleeaaheeoddleaayyyeeehoooo
57. Dirty gin Vodka martini – I’m a dirty girl
58. Beer above 8% ABV – wheeeeeee
59. Poutine – SOUNDS good, but the pictures are well…less than appetizing.
60. Carob chips – what can I say. My parents thought they were
61. S’mores – 8 years of summer camp baby!
62. Sweetbreads – why!
63. Kaolin – not really sure why I would but seems innocuous?
64. Currywurst – again. WHY?
65. Durian – P.U.!
66. Frogs’ legs – KERMIE!!!
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake – all of the above are fried food heaven!
68. Haggis – tried really hard to try this, but the smell. Barf
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette – no thanks. Really.
71. Gazpacho – I don’t really know why I haven’t had this.
72. Caviar and blini – not really interested in the fish eggs thanks.
73. Louche absinthe – The Green Fairy doens’t appeal to me, I’m crazy enough as it is.
74. Gjetost, or brunost – Like I said, my parents are strange.
75. Roadkill – you are kidding right?
76. Baijiu – looks like vodka to me!
77. Hostess Fruit Pie – BURP!
78. Snail – no thanks. I don’t do slugs.
79. Lapsang souchon – I love tea almost as much as I love coffee, which is not as much as WINE!
80. Bellini – many many many Bellini!
81. Tom yum – yum is right!
82. Eggs Benedict – with really good bacon. Amazing with bottomless mimosas!
83. Pocky – nto yet anyway
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant – i WISH!
85. Kobe beef – no moo! no mooooo!
86. Hare – no fwuffy bunny wabbits! nOOOOO!
87. Goulash – DA!
88. Flowers – if you’re goinnnng to eat in San Francisco…be sure to havvvve some flowers on your plate
89. Horse – no f’ing way. That’s just nasty. NASTY!
90. Criollo chocolate – chocolate a plenty, so I’ll add this one to the list
91. Spam – Ya brodah! Hang ten!
92. Soft shell crab – sigh. Allergic.
93. Rose harissa – sauce is sauce right?
94. Catfish – MEOW
95. Mole poblano – viva Mexico!
96. Bagel and lox – Breakfast of champions!
97. Lobster Thermidor – allergic to shellfish so oh well
98. Polenta – with tons of good Gorgonzola, it’s like heaven in a bowl
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee – ohhhh so so very tasty
100. Snake – not on your LIFE unless I was lost in the woods